background

Monday, October 22, 2012

Life is too short... to have a clean house! ; )


No, I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth...
  Life has been happening and moving so fast there has been no time to BLOG about it!!! :)
 

I spent the day making these adorable double hand print spooky spider books with my son's kindergarten class...  It was super fun!
Would you like a tutorial of this?

Friday, was scarecrow decorating at the school and a half day for students.




We made this one for the kinder kids and they drew pictures for soldiers to be donated through Soldiers' Angels here in San Antonio (don't forget about our candy drive for soldiers coming up Wed 10/31 through Sat 11/3)



We had baseball on Saturday and the boys rocked it!  
Both guys hit two base hits each...  
This is huge, especially for my kindergartener!  





 
Until this game, he had only one base hit for the whole season...
We were beyond excited for him!!!  We also babysat guinea pigs!



On Sunday, the boys were in a kids triathlon.  
They had a blast in surprisingly great weather!

Can't wait until next year's Tri-to-be-spooky event!





 
In the middle of all of this, I decided to start on a huge project!

I am turning our den into the kids playroom 
Den in original state
(it was mostly filled with their toys spilling over from the playroom anyway),
their playroom into my sewing room, 
and the sewing room/guest bedroom/"home for stuff that has no home" room
 into just a guest bedroom...
After clear out

Before - as toy room
Lots of trash bags have been involved.  And a big trip to Goodwill...  There may be a few more of those before this project is all said and done.

So, today I spent my morning working with 1st graders and vowel sounds and now I am back home blogging and figuring out what else I can squeeze in before I head back to school for parent-teacher conferences...  Hopefully a little sewing and maybe some (much dreaded) cleaning!

 Life is to short to have a clean house!!! ; )




No comments:

Post a Comment